Sunday, February 24, 2013

Surface Development and Matrix

As I continued to model my object in Rhino, you will see that I had some difficulty this week making the surface for the head line up with the rest of the bears features.  The first 3 images show the first attempt at the head.  As you can see from the rendering, the eyes weren't working out as well as I had hoped, so I tried to add eye sockets to improve the shape.  The next 3 images show how this didn't work too well.  It seems it was pretty difficult to adjust the surface of the head to line up with the eye sockets.  I also tried the Networksrf command in Rhino this week, and while powerful, it takes a lot of getting used to in order to use it for complex surfaces.  My only success with that command was on the ears, which seemed to help a lot having profile and contour lines defining my surface.  The difficult part of the command is that all of the profile and contour lines have to intersect, which isn't very easy using a b spline tool. For my next attempt I would like to see if I can model the head as one surface (instead of multiple surfaces) using Maya.










The following images show the matrix I had created with the nose surface of my object.  This surface had some unique geometry so I felt like it would be the best to morph into different shapes.  The top row of images got stretched (or shrunk) from left to right, left being the original surface.  The next row down was scaled uniformly in the direction of the width of the nose and the following row was scaled in the direction of the height of the nose.  The second to last row was rotated segmentally, reminding me of a slinky for some reason.  The final row was rotated and then stretched width wise.  Some of the images show some rows better than others, hence the large number of pictures.














1 comment:

  1. good beginning of the geometric field analysis... you may want to explore an arrangement that examines the space between of the alignment of the pieces so that you can appreciate and define the differences step to step... Things seem too close to actually appreciate or understand any of the given elements let alone make cross connections within the matrix

    ReplyDelete