Sunday, February 17, 2013

Object Surfaces 2

This week I continued to model my object in Rhino.  I did the ears first and they turned out to be much more difficult than I had anticipated.  I thought I got the hardest part done when I finished the nose last week but the ears took twice as long.  I believe this had to do with the perspectives of my photograph images of the object.  These images lined up nicely in Rhino for the nose of my object but were off slightly for the ears.  Furthermore, I had tried to use the same methodology I had for the nose and it didn't work for the ears, so I had to change the curves in Rhino in order to loft the surface.  Luckily, I did the eyes second and those were easy (or at least worked the first time around).  I made those from concentric circles and then offset and scaled them to match the object.
    The next step is to model the head, which I hope is easy since the component surfaces of the head are already modeled (eyes, ears, etc).  However, if the component surfaces are not in the exact spots they should be then it might be more difficult.  Take a look at the pictures below.






No comments:

Post a Comment