Sunday, February 10, 2013

Container Nose and Cap

For Project 1a, I attempted to model the nose and cap of the animal cracker container.  Here are images of the surfaces and a rendering using Rhino3D.  The cap was relatively easy due to the crisp geometry.  The nose was much more difficult due to the curves in the surface of the geometry.  I felt like the nose would be one of the harder surfaces to model so I did it as part of Project 1a (the cap I did to make sure I could model a simple surface).  Even though it doesn't look like it, the cap and the nose are made up of two individual surfaces each, making four surfaces total.  The hardest part of modeling the surfaces was actually getting the two surfaces of each item to interact together correctly.  I believe this means that once I model all of the surfaces, the most difficult part of the modeling process will be to make sure all of the surfaces line up correctly.  Next I plan to model the ears, eyes, and arms.
    One major problem I had in Rhino was when I imported the images using pictureframe into Rhino, the folder they were in got moved and now the images in Rhino are just white rectangles.  I searched on the web and couldn't figure out how to reload the images.  Any ideas?













No comments:

Post a Comment